Best Natural Home Remedies Tips for Treating Mastitis Infection
Mastitis is an infection which usually happens in the breast-feeding mother. It causes painful in the breast, swelling as well as redness. Sometimes if the mastitis becomes severe, fever and chill will be common symptoms. There are two common reasons to cause mastitis: clog in the mammary ducts or the bacteria from outside gets inside the milk ducts. In this article, we recommend some home remedies for treating as well as relieving the discomfort symptoms of mastitis.
1. Apple cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural ways for mastitis because it contains the high amounts in anti-inflammatory, antibacterial which are able to stop the infection in the breasts.
- Prepare a mixture which is made from one-third of apple cider vinegar and two third of the warm clean water. Dip cotton swab in that mixture then dabs them gently around the breasts. Repeat this method three to four times per week to get the desired result.
- Put the little honey in a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar then drink it. Do it three times daily to see the changing.
2. Hot and Cold Compress
Hot and Cold compress have been used from the ancient time to treat the inflammation, generally and we can definitely apply this method to mastitis. Cold compress will relieve the pain in the breasts as well as swelling from the inflammatory reaction. Otherwise, hot compress helps increase the blood supply to the breast tissue and wipe the blockage off which is one of the most common reasons to cause mastitis.
- You can apply hot compress by using a warm water bottle which is wrapped in a thin towel. You roll the bottle around the breasts to get the effectiveness from the hot compress
- Cold compress can be prepared from putting some ice cube in a thin towel then apply it to the infected area in 5 minutes. Don’t keep it too long on one site because it may cause frostbite.
According to the obstetric professionals, massage is the best way to cope with mastitis. Massage is very simple but it brings unbelievable outcome because massage can help clear the blockage in the mammary duct which is the main reason cause mastitis.
4. Citrus Fruit
Citrus fruit contains a high amount of vitamin C which is able to reduce the inflammation and also boost the immune system so the breasts are not easy to be attacked by the bacteria. Eat citrus fruit such as orange, lemons, grapefruit or drink the beverage made from these vitamin C fruits.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a good source of anti-inflammatory substances which can reduce the annoying symptoms of mastitis. Aloe vera also heals the damage skin tissue and prevents the infection.
- Cut the aloe vera into the piece to get the gel from it.
- Apply the gel to the infected area.
- Leave it there until it gets dry.
- Wash is off with clean, warm water.
- Repeat this method few times a week to get the desired result.
6. Cabbage Leaf
The sulfur substance found in cabbage leaf can help decrease the swelling and redness in the infected area. The cabbage leaf also reduces the breast tenderness as well as clear the clogged in mammary ducts.
- Put some cabbage leaf inside your refrigerator.
- Apply these cabbage leaf in the infected breasts for few minutes.
- Do this remedy every day to get the desired result.
7. Nurse the Baby
We know the most common reason which causes mastitis is the clog in the milk ducts so nursing the baby is absolutely effective to treat this problem because it can wipe out the clog. Although nursing the baby then having mastitis is very painful, it is still necessary to nourish the baby and treat the mastitis.
Top 7 Home Remedies for Treating Mastitis
Bio: Jelly Jeff is a senior editor of AuthorityRemedies; that a website which is specialized in providing natural home remedies, tips and also nutrition facts to improve the well-beings. She is a nurse but she keens to explore nutrition and fitness. In addition, she loves writing and doing research. She appreciates to be a good writer in nutrition.