Cure Asthma Naturally Permanently
Prolonged difficulty in the process of respiration is called Asthma and it is a chronic respiratory disorder where airways carrying air in and out of the lungs become sore and swollen, thereby get narrow and produce extra mucus, making it hard for the person to breathe. This can make breathing difficult and trigger coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath.
Asthma can be a minor annoyance for some, but might be a major problem for others, that hampers daily activities and may lead to a life-threatening asthma attack.
Causes for Asthma
The exact cause is yet not known but, it has been observed that some genetic and environmental factors together develop asthmatic condition in a person, most often in early li0fe.
There are factors that act as irritants to trigger allergies (allergens) showing signs and symptoms of asthma.
- Airborne elements, as that of pollen, dust mites, mold spores, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste.
- Respiratory infections, like common cold.
- Sometimes it is exercise-induced asthma
- Cold air or air pollutants and irritants, like smoke
- Certain medications, which involve beta blockers, aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) and naproxen (Aleve)
- Added sulfides and preservatives to foods and beverages, which comprise of shrimps, dried fruits, processed potatoes, beer and wine.
- Sometimes strong emotions and stress might trigger
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD), where stomach acids regurgitate to the throat.
Ayurvedic Point of view in Asthma – How to cure asthma naturally permanently
Ayurveda explains asthma as a condition of vitiated Vata and Kapha dosha. Read below asthma symptoms and treatment.
Symptoms of Asthma
Its symptoms can vary from patient to patient:
- Coughing, mostly happens at night, while exercising or laughing.
- Trouble in breathing.
- Feeling of tightness in chest or pain.
- Shortness of breath..
- Mucus production.
- Wheezing or hissing sound in chest while breathing, specifically during exhalation.
How Cure Asthma Naturally Permanently
Are you looking for how to treat asthma naturally without medication. Here are a few natural remedies for asthmatic patients:
Herbal tea prepared by Ajwain,Tulsi, Pepper and Ginger is a very useful natural remedy to cure Asthma can be consumed regularly once a day.
Mustard seeds are full of magnesium and selenium, having an anti-inflammatory property, which facilitates to clear the respiratory passages.
If you get an asthma attack than massaging with mustard oil is helpful to clear the respiratory passages and restore normal breathing.
For that, heat some mustard oil with a little camphor and pour it in a bowl. While itâ€™s still warm, it should be massaged on the chest and upper back and do proper massage. Repeat it a number of times a day until the symptoms lessen.
Eucalyptus essential oil is quite an effective home remedy to provide relief from asthma and helps to prevent its recurrence.
This remedy can be put into use by taking a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil in a cup of boiling water and inhaling its steam as it helps in clearing the nasal and air passages, making the air pass through with ease.
Other best natural home remedy for getting relief from asthma is the usage of honey. The alcohol and ethereal oils present in honey are a helping agent to obstruct asthma symptoms.
Uses of honey:
Taking a teaspoon of honey mixed in hot water 2-3 times daily.
Inhaling the aroma of honey is also helpful as it gives good results.
Other way is using a fusion of one teaspoon of honey and Â½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder before sleeping, as it is an effective expectorant and allows the patient to sleep better.
Before going to bed, consume one teaspoon of honey with half teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
Cloves are an excellent natural home remedy to cure asthma.
It can be put to use by boiling 5-6 cloves in half a glass of water, followed by adding a teaspoon of honey .It should be consumed twice daily for positive results.
Using remedies which involve garlic for asthma is pretty beneficial, as it has a property to relieve congestion in lungs at theÂ early stages of asthma. Garlic is effective clears the congestion in your lungs and its anti-inflammatory action provide fast relief from the asthma and its symptoms.
This can be used by boiling 2-3 cloves in 1/4th cup of milk. Then have it after cooling it to room temperature.
Ginger is effective in curing asthmatic conditions. One can have ginger by preparing a juice using equal quantities of ginger, pomegranate, and honey. Consume it 2-3 times a day for effective results.
Other way is by taking one tbsp. of ginger juice mixed with honey and two tbsp. of dried fenugreek seeds. Soak it overnight and consume it every morning as it helps in the detoxification of lungs.
Onions have anti-inflammatory properties, which reduces inflammation and clear the air passages. So, asthma patients should consume onions in all forms, raw or cooked as it can prove to be very useful. Continue your reading on How to prevent Asthma.
Healthy Tips – How to get rid of asthma naturally
- Powdered turmeric added to milk is useful to control asthmatic attacks; if consumed daily on empty stomach.
- Doing daily exercises, yoga, or going for walks and swim, and regular exposure to fresh air and sun light will benefit by preventing asthma attacks.
- Even Diet is important in curing asthma.
- Consume leafy green vegetables which have plenty of magnesium.
- Have foods possessing Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Eat apples and berries as they are rich in quercetin.
- Also have fruits containing vitamin C and other elements like lemons, oranges, papayas, blueberries, straw berries, etc. because theyâ€™re good for controlling asthma.
- Â Drink ample water to keep the lining of lungs hydrated.
- Avoid oily foods, alcohol, smoking, and cool juices etc.
Apart from these best home remedies advice, your surroundings must be neat and clean. Also, it is better to avoid and stay away from asthmatic triggers like pollutants, dust, smoke, medications, pollen etc. Have you read natural remedies for asthma in kids and adults. Browse more health tips articles here. Do you know Asthma natural treatment is one of the emerging medical tourism service.
This article is written by DR. Vikram Chauhan (MD & AYURVEDA). He is an expert Ayurvedic practitioner based in Chandigarh, India and doing his practice in Mohali, India. He is spreading the knowledge of Ayurveda (Ancient healing treatment), not only in India but also abroad. Also he is the CEO and Founder of Planet Ayurveda Products, Planet Ayurveda Clinic and Krishna Herbal Company.
Do you know how is asthma diagnosed? Comment your tips and asthma treatment suggestions here.