How Laser Hair Removal improves skin color?
Laser Hair Removal is the process of removing unwanted hairs permanently. So how Laser Hair Removal has to do anything with skin color? Yes, it has a relation with the enhancement of skin color. Improvement of skin color is one of the important benefits of Laser Hair Removal. So, here are some points that validate the fact ‘Laser Hair Removal improves skin color’.
All you need to know about – Laser Hair Removal
Introduction to Laser Hair Removal
If you are not happy with shaving, tweezing, or waxing to remove unwanted hair, Laser Hair Removal treatment will be an option that will be worth considering. Laser hair removal is a convenient, noninvasive method is one of the most common aesthetic procedures performed in today’s medical world for permanently reducing or removing unwanted facial or body hair.
It makes the skin look smoother and silkier than waxing, electrolysis or razors. It is a gentle technique which treats larger areas effectively with minimal discomfort and with no downtime. Find here healthy hair tips.
Excessive hair growth and hair at unwanted places has always been an issue for both men and women and they often spend a considerable amount of money and devote a considerable amount of time to remove hair from their arms and legs and different body parts.
It works well for all areas of the body like the face, chin, arms, and the rest of the body and is performed by the plastic surgeons across the world. It can effectively reduce unwanted hair permanently with minimal risk.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser Hair Removal is a permanent hair removal treatment from getting rid of unwanted facial or body hairs. This facial treatment involves use of pulses of laser light on hair follicles.
Lasers remove unwanted hair through selective photothermolysis process in which energy in the form of optical wavelengths is delivered into the hair shaft and pigmented follicular epithelium.
The selective photothermolysis is a process where the light is primarily absorbed by the endogenous chromophore melanin.
This absorption results in a rapid rise in the temperature and subsequent heat transfer to adjacent tissues that causing local thermal necrosis of the follicles regenerative structure.
Hair removal using laser is a quite safe procedure which rarely causes some serious complications or lasting side effects. However Laser Hair Removal may not be effective for certain hair type and texture.
This is the reason your skin type and color plays a vital role in determining the effectiveness of the laser hair removal treatment. Dark and thick hairs on light tone are best targeted by all types of laser and each pulse of the laser takes only a fraction of a second and posses an ability to treat many hairs at the same time.
What are the benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a very successful cosmetic method of long-term hair reduction. It is one of the safest methods used by thousands of people to remove and slow their unwanted hair growth. If you are considering for Laser Hair Removal it is important to understand the benefits of using laser hair removal.
- It is a painless method that removes hair even from the most difficult areas
- The procedure is safe and has no downtime
- It saves your precious time that temporary methods like waxing or shaving require on a bi-weekly basis
- The outcome of laser hair removal is definitely many times better than the conventional methods such as electrolysis and depilatories.
- It is the best permanent hair reduction solution in the market as it offers long-lasting solutions
- Both large and small areas of the body are effectively treated
- May make skin color and complexion more uniform
- Most patients have permanent hair loss after an average of 3 to 8 sessions
- It can save time, money and aggravation on shaving and waxing
Disadvantages of Laser Hair Removal
While the procedure involved in the laser treatment is usually risk-free, there are some disadvantages of laser hair removal to consider.
- The cost associated with the treatment is very huge
- Six initial sessions are necessary to gain the full benefit of the treatment
- You can’t get away from the treatment once you start it
- It gives full results to only a specific type of people
- Not beneficial for red, blonde, and gray hair
- Laser treatment is not much effective on dark skin
- It is effective only on actively growing hair
- The treatment does not prevent new hair follicles from growing
- Re-growth is possible
- The treatment works only in areas where the hair is thin
How Laser Hair Removal improves skin color?
Laser Hair Removal is the process of removing unwanted hairs permanently with laser that produces non-ionizing radiation. Yes, it has a relation with the enhancement of skin color and hair texture. Improvement of skin color is one of the important benefits of Laser Hair Removal. So, here are some points that validate the fact ‘Laser Hair Removal improves skin color’.
- The Relation between Melanin and Laser Hair Removal
Melanin is the pigment which is responsible for hair color, skin color, and eyes color. Laser Hair Removal is schemed to target the Melanin. As Melanin is also present in the skin, it affects the skin color and enriches it if it is done properly.
- Different types of Laser Therapy for different types of skin
Different people have different skin tones. So, the Laser Hair Removal should be done according to the skin tone.
- Hair removal for brown skin
When it comes to the brown skin it is a bit challenging for the therapist. The laser which is being used for the therapy will face a problem differentiating between the color of the hair and the skin since the color of the skin and the hair is almost the same.
So, a specific kind of laser that is Nd: Yag Laser(neodymium-doped- yttrium aluminum garnet) is used to remove the hairs of the people with brown skin. It will improve their skin color and will make it clearer.
- Hair removal for olive skin
Hair removal for the olive skin is comparatively easier because the color difference between the skin and the hair is very distinct. So, it is easier for the laser to differentiate between hair and the skin. The rate of Skin enhancement for the olive skin by doing Laser Hair Removal is much higher.
- Say goodbye to minor skin problems by Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal also helps to get rid of minor skin problems. So here are some minor skin problems which can be cured by Hair Laser Removal which are directly related to the improvement of skin color.
- Dark Spots
While doing Laser Hair Removal one can get rid of dark spots. By using intense pulsed light dark spots can be removed.
The darkening of the skin is called Hyper-Pigmentation. It is the accumulation of Melanin in a specific part of a body. It can be cured by the Laser Hair Removal. Laser hair removal is one of the safest ways to cure Hyper-pigmentation.
- Laser Hair Removal keeps your skin younger
Laser Hair Removal rejuvenates your skin. It helps to recover the damage that your skin has suffered from pollution and natural aging. The texture of the Epidermis (upper layer of the skin) can be enhanced by Laser Hair Removal resulting in the improvement of skin color.
- Laser Hair Therapy tightens your skin
Laser Hair Removal helps to tighten your skin. It penetrates deep into your skin and removes the wrinkles, nipping them in the bud. So, laser hair removal is one of the safest and easiest ways to improve the color of your skin. Not only that, but it also helps to treat many skin related problems which in the end will lead to the improvement of the color of your skin.
When to Consider Laser Hair Removal?
- If you have unwanted facial or body hair
- If you feel self-conscious or limits your ability to wear certain clothing
- If you have dark hair and light skin
- If you are looking for an alternative to waxing, electrolysis, shaving and bleaching
What are my options?
There are a number of devices for laser hair removal and the most successful use a low-energy laser beam so as to disable the active growth hair follicles. The following attributes can affect laser or device hair removal:
- Skin color
- Hair color and thickness
- Area of the body treated
- Device type
- Wavelength and fluence used
- Spot size and pulse width
- Skin temperature and cooling
- Treatment timing
How do I prepare for a Laser Hair Removal Therapy?
- Wear sunscreen and/or avoid the sun
- Use a bleaching cream if you have darker skin
- Avoid pretreatment plucking, waxing, or electrolysis
- Stop smoking at least six weeks before undergoing treatment to promote better healing
- Avoid taking aspirin, certain anti-inflammatory drugs, and some herbal medications that can cause increased bleeding
- Regardless of the type of surgery to be performed, hydration is very important before and after treatment for safe recovery
How long does laser hair removal treatment take?
The number of sessions or time period involved with laser hair removal treatment varies from person to person. As the skin, hair coloring and coarseness of hair differs from person to person. However here are some estimates which can give an approximate idea
- Back 1½ -3 hours
- Shoulders 10-20 minutes
- Underarms 1-2 minutes
- Bikini Line 8-10 minutes
- Upper lip less than 1 minute
- Chin 2-3 minutes
- Legs 1½ -3 hours
Limitations and Risks
Every surgical therapy posses some degree of risk but fortunately, significant complications from laser hair removal are infrequent.
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia
- Hematoma or seroma
- Infection and bleeding
- Changes in sensation
- Allergic reactions
- Damage to underlying structures
- Unsatisfactory results that may necessitate additional procedures
- Skin blistering
- Changes in skin color and/or texture
- Increased hair growth
- Eye injury
Questions to ask your aesthetic plastic surgeon
- Am I a good candidate for laser hair removal?
- Are the results I am seeking reasonable and realistic?
- Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for the procedure I am undergoing?
- What will be the costs associated with my treatment?
- What will you expect of me to get the best results?
- What kind of recovery period can I expect, and when can I resume normal activities?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- What are my options if the cosmetic outcome of my treatment does not meet the goals we agreed on?
Pre-Laser Treatment Precautions
- The area to be treated should be protected from sun tanning and sun exposure for at least four to six weeks
- Apply a high SPF sunscreen on the area.
- Avoid exposure to the sun during the course of treatment as this can cause sunburn
- Avoid bleaching, plucking, waxing the area for four to six weeks before the treatment.
- If you have a history of herpes, go for anti-viral therapy before and after the treatment.
- Do not take any photosensitive drugs or herbals for 24 hours before the treatment
- Do not shave for three to eight days before the treatment
- Use a sunscreen throughout the course of treatment
Post-Laser Treatment Precautions
- Apply clear aloe vera gel on the treated area for two to four days
- Apply ice to reduce the swelling and tenderness and promote healing
- Avoid using cosmetics and creams over the treated skin
- Avoid scratch or picking the treated area
- Avoid internal or external heat
- Do not wash the treated area forcefully
- Don’t take sun bathe
- Always apply a good UV-filtered sun-cream
Laser Hair Removal FAQs
Can anyone opt this permanent hair removal treatment?
Yes, this permanent hair removal treatment is suitable for all men and women who seek this hair reduction treatment to get unwanted hair removed from the body and face.
What body parts are generally covered under this Laser Hair Removal therapy?
The body parts generally covered under this Laser Hair Removal Therapy include Permanent Facial hair Removal, back hair, and bikini line hair.
Will laser hair removal treatment be suitable for all skin types?
Yes, laser hair treatment for hair removal suits for all skin types. The best part of this treatment is that you can get it applied on to any part of the body in an easy and simple way.
What are the potential causes of excessive hair growth?
- Glandular and/or hormonal imbalances
- Insulin resistance
- Thyroid problems
- Reactions to certain medications
- Steroid use
Is laser hair removal painful?
No, such procedure is not painful at all. However little redness, numbness or swelling might be experienced at initial stages but it is not permanent and it vanishes with time.
Is laser hair removal permanent?
Yes, it is permanent to some extent but the results that are achieved are guaranteed and you will have a hair free and smooth skin for a pretty long period of time.
What are the possible side effects that are involved in this treatment?
There are absolutely no risks or possible side effects involved in this treatment. Only minor numbness or redness might occur which gets removed after few hours of the laser treatment. Further it is also at affordable cost.
How IPL differs from a laser?
Intensed Pulsed Light is not a laser but IPLs are effective for some cosmetic procedures, whereas Laser is more powerful, yet safer and faster for a more permanent solution to hair removal.
What are the devices used in Laser Hair Removal?
- Ruby laser
- Alexandrite laser
- Diode laser
- Nd:YAG laser
- Intense pulsed light devices
Do I need to attend every session?
Yes, if you really expecting your treatment to be successful you need to attend each and every session of Laser Hair Removal. It is one of the biggest mistakes the people make in Laser Hair removal Therapy. Once the hair growth slows down they prefer not attending the necessary amount of sessions.
Should I be worried about “radiation” to my skin during the treatment?
No, you need not be worried about Radiation to your skin. Laser Hair Removal produces non-ionizing radiation which is simply the radiation of light, and is FDA approved for your skin.
What is the age limit to be considered for laser hair removal treatment?
There really is no age limit to undergo Laser Hair Removal treatment. However older people usually have the gray hair that will not respond to laser.
What are the laser hair removal risks or side effects?
- Redness for up to 3 days
- Swelling around mouth up to 3 days
- Tingling or feeling of numbness
- Micro-crusting/scab formation
- Temporary pigment change
Can all hair be treated?
Laser Hair Removal is a technology that is limited only by hair colour and uses the hair pigment to transfer heat into the hair follicles beneath the skin. Treatments are proven to be effective on wide range of hair colours, from auburn to brown and dark black hair with at least some pigment but unfortunately, the treatment of white and light blond hairs may not be effective due to their lack of pigment.
What factors can influence my Laser Hair Removal results?
- Colour and diameter of your Hair
- Optimum Fluences (Energy levels)
- Optimum Treatment Intervals (Time between treatments)
- Underlying problems.